- Identify and triage cases for review.
- Prepare and review child death and near-death cases that meet the statutory criteria for review.
- Make recommendations to decrease child mortality.
- Collect and analyze data related to child deaths and near deaths.
- Issue annual reports and expedited review reports outlining recommendations and data.
Collaboration with the Child Protection Accountability Commission through semi-annual joint meetings has led to the implementation of the following subcommittees:
- CAPTA disclosure of child fatalities/near fatalities caused by abuse/neglect
- Delaware Code Changes/Standardized Definitions of Abuse/Neglect
- Multi-disciplinary use of history in decision making
- Safe Sleeping Practices/SIDS