The Honorable Craig A. Karsnitz was appointed to the Superior Court of Delaware by Governor John Carney in October 22, 2018; he was appointed Sussex County Resident Judge on February 2, 2021.
Judge Karsnitz received his J.D. in 1977 from Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law and was a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Justice John J. McNeilly. He received his B.A. in Political Science from University of Delaware in 1974.
Previous to joining the bench, Judge Karsnitz was a partner at Young, Conaway, Stargatt and Taylor where he practiced in the areas of Personal Injury, Medical Negligence, Alternative Dispute Resolution and General Litigation.
- Supreme Court of the State of Delaware
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Memberships and Affiliations
- Board of Bar Examiners of the Supreme Court of the State of Delaware, 2001-2007
- Terry-Carey Inn of Court, Member; Past President
- Past President American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- Delaware Trial Lawyers Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
Judge Karsnitz’s present term ends in February 2, 2033.